In this day and age, when everyone is busy and running to grab all the time in the world, trivial tasks such as taking the car to a repair shop seem the most daunting. Paintless dent repair (PDR) is an alternative to traditional body shop repairs. Using special tools and techniques, trained technicians can remove dents and dings without repainting the surface of your vehicle. And that too at your decided location!
Here’s what you need to know about paintless dent repair:
What Is PDR?
Paintless dent repair (PDR) is a process that uses special tools and techniques to remove dents from your car without having to repaint the surface. The first step in PDR is identifying which tool best fits the type of damage that needs fixing. Other factors include the location of the damage (inside or outside), depth, thickness, or distance from edges or other protrusions.
Once all those factors are established, technicians use suction cups or pneumatic hammers to push out dented areas of your car’s bodywork until they reach an equilibrium with surrounding panels.
Paintless dent repair is different from traditional body shop repairs because it doesn’t involve repainting damaged areas. This process saves time and money for both parties involved in the process since there are fewer parts that need replacing or painting than with traditional methods.
Why Is PDR Better Than a Traditional Repair Shop?
- When it comes to cost, PDR saves you money and time because it doesn’t require body filler, sanding, or painting.
- PDR doesn’t need to remove parts of your vehicle, which also sometimes messes with the system, asking for a new repair every few days.
- When a paintless dent repair technique is applied, there’s no need to repaint a vehicle. Since there’s been no scratching of paint nor filing, a repaint isn’t required, keeping the cosmetics of your car unharmed.
- Since there’s no removal of parts, there’s no need to replace parts either. Your car won’t have any artificial parts, saving its value from decreasing.
- You don’t have to pay a deductible with PDR before obtaining repairs. The process is transparent, and since there’s no need to add or remove something from the car or buy parts of the car forehand, any fees before the process aren’t required.
- PDR is an excellent option because you can get your car repaired without waiting for the repair shop to receive payment from your insurance company. Many PDR companies also help you out in case of insurance where needed. However, the repairs aren’t usually as costly as traditional repairs.
- With PDR, your car’s value stays as high as possible because the repair process uses no paint. Your vehicle stays brand new, still being a valuable asset.
Dent Detail Repair in Clitheroe
If you’re looking for an award-winning dent removal and repair service in Clitheroe, UK, we suggest you call the mobile services of Dent Detail PDR. With IMI accreditation of Cosmetic Repair Technician Level 2 and Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities, be assured that your valuable automotive is in safe certified hands.
The process maintains the quality of your vehicle thanks to these certified technicians who’d let you in on a free estimate first and then move forward with the repairs upon your consent.
There are no hidden prices and no trouble getting your car to their shop. So contact them today!