Questions to ask your Paintless Dent Repair Technician when you have a dent.
- How long have you worked on cars and repaired vehicles using Paintless Dent Removal?
- Do you have before and after photos?
- What type of treatment or customer service should I expect?
- Where did you get trained?
- How does the Paintless Dent Removal Process work?
1. How long have you worked on cars and repaired vehicles using Paintless Dent Removal? You want a competent tech who has been working on cars for a fair amount of time. Paintless Dent Removal is an art; we sometimes compare dent techs to surgeons; it takes time, patience, and skill to build a car’s panel back to its original shape.
2. Do you have before and after photos? This is a good judge of the work they have done. Look at a website and check reviews. These things will tell you a history of repair and good work. Reviews are priceless testimony and an excellent way to know if someone knows what they are doing. (Many people pretend to be good techs, so be careful.)
3. What type of treatment or customer service should I expect? An experienced tech should articulate how they are going to care for you, your car and make you feel comfortable about the repair process. We would love to earn your business here.
4. How does the paintless dent repair process work? Paintless Dent Removal is an art and a skill learned over years of practice. The practice is all fine metalwork. We can usually repair the dent from behind, accessing the panel through different areas we can remove or slip behind; we can generally go through the window for dents in doors. Ensure your tech uses the proper tools, such as a window guard, so your window doesn’t end up in thousands of pieces. Sometimes lights are pulled to gain access to the wings; When we can’t get access to the wings through the wheel well or the headlight, we will sometimes use a method called glue pulling. This is a specialized glue that is made to pull dents out. Although you may think using glue is a simple process, it’s tedious, and we have to slowly pull to get the right level and then hammer down and reshape the panel with a knockdown.
Ask the right questions, and you ensure yourself getting a good repair.
If you have damage, we would love to look at your car and see if paintless dent removal is a good option for you. One of the benefits of using PDR on this type of repair is there is no carfax report, and we can also repair your roof in a more timely fashion than a traditional body shop.
Our goal at Dent Detail Paintless Dent Removal is to fix your car smoothly, efficiently, and with grace for you. We want to answer any questions, and if this does not, please give us a ring. We want you to understand the process, pricing, and value we are bringing to your repair. We are conveniently located at Unit 46, Centurion Industrial Estate, Centurion Way, Leyland, PR25 4GU, United Kingdom. We would love to serve you. Would you mind calling us if you have any questions we haven’t answered here?